The petroleum industry is a fast-growing sector in the Kurdistan region that has attracted many young people, especially those who live in areas that are filled with oil fields and companies. Therefore, the diploma program in petroleum is designed at Gasha Institute to produce a new generation of skilled technicians and prepare them for the oil, gas, and other related industries in the best possible way.
Our Department deals with the operations in the petroleum sector, such as drilling, completion, refinery, well testing, logging, and other production procedures. Our graduates are well-prepared to enter a high demanding workplace of oil & gas companies that search for properly trained and motivated technicians to employ.
We aim to:
- Educate and train petroleum technicians to be capable of working in drilling, production, refinery, well completion, well testing and logging.
- Provide students with a 5-year program in the English language, to prepare them to deal with international companies.
- Teach students the importance and functionalities of the instruments found in the oil & gas laboratories, to be familiar with the usage of apparatuses.
- Graduates can be employed in various fields of petroleum industry, and achieve a successful career after gaining experience.
Our vision is to be the leading Petroleum Department in the Kurdistan region that produces talented technicians for the oil & gas industry, and provides them with the most effective and beneficial educational courses.
The field of petroleum has numerous theoretical and practical subjects that require specific laboratories, equipped with the most essential instruments. GI is the leading private institute in the Kurdistan region in terms of providing advanced labs with experienced supervisors and assistants. Students conduct their experiments to gain practical experience, using the following labs:
- Drilling Fluid Laboratory
- Crude Oil Properties Laboratory
- Petroleum Geology and Geophysics Laboratory
- Analytical and Organic Chemistry Laboratory
- Computer Application Laboratory
- Students will be able to use the techniques, skills, and modern tools necessary for practice.
- Graduates obtain high employment opportunities in the oil & gas industry.
- Help maintain production in the Kurdistan region.